Create a video about any aspect of Dr. Jaisohn’s legacies—such as, but not limited to, the first American citizen of Korean descent, the first Korean American with a medical degree, freedom fighter against Japan’s colonial regime, a staunch advocate of democracy in Korea, publisher of the first newspaper in Korea, advocate of women’s rights in Korea, role model for Korean Americans, etc.
Genres: Short film, documentary, animation, music video, etc.
Submission period: September 1-November 10, 2015
Announcement of winners: December 1, 2015
Best Video/UCC-1st place: $500
Best Video/UCC-2nd place: $300
Best Video/UCC-3rd place: $200
Criteria of evaluation:
Accuracy and usefulness of information 40%
Quality of video and its content 20%
Number of YouTube views (measured by the automatic count by YouTube, as of 1 p.m. November 15, 2015 Eastern Time ) 10%
Who can apply: Any individual or group anywhere in the world (except for those participating in the separate video contest for Korean school students)
Who can apply: Individuals or groups anywhere in the world.
How to apply: Upload your video/UCC to YouTube (Use the link below.)
Complete the Google Doc attached to our YouTube Channel.
Tell us about your submission by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Length and video resolution of the video/UCC: any length up to 5 minutes.
• Language: English, Korean, or both. If the video is produced in any other language, an English subtitle is required.
• The Phillip Jaisohn Foundation will have the right to post, print, publish or otherwise use the contest submissions free of charge.
• Any legal issues concerning portrait rights or copyright violations arising from a video/UCC submission are solely the legal responsibility of the contestant.
• Video/UCC contents must be original, and contestants must have directly participated in the making of the contents.
• Questions? Email: email@example.com